Friday, January 07, 2011

A New Day Inside My Day

I was sitting in a car line-up at a Kroger gas station. It was raining. The people ahead of me –an older gentleman in particular – were moving like they had no reason to 'move it along'. They re-entered their vehicles, sat there, and sat there as if no one was patiently waiting. When I finally reached the pump after exactly seven minutes and fifty-eight seconds of reading random work emails that were destined for deletion, I exited my American made SUV and headed to the gas station attendant booth.


The frail lady in the Kia that ‘favors’ a Bentley directly behind me looked as if to say, 'no he doesn't have to pay in cash.' I did. And, there was a noticeable waiting-to-get-in-a-club-line forming. After granny’s glare of displeasure, I thought: 'I hate that I have her waiting. I should just pay with my debit card.' Then I remembered: funds are running a little low in that account. So, I looked over and lipped, "I am sorry."

When I finally reached the attendant there stood the older gentleman that took his sweet time in his Hyundai after he filled up. He had on a hat that read, 'No worries. Not in a hurry.' I read it and laughed.

Then as I drove off after touching that filthy gas pump handle to pump the gas, I thought about the significance of the day, January 5, 2011. The accompanying picture above reveals the importance of that cold and rainy day.

A new man is in charge on Capitol Hill. His name is John Boehner. That sounds so TOUGH, doesn’t it? The fist bump solidifies his toughness…

This is the “emotional man” that claims the American government is too big. He is the man that plans to spearhead a congressional revolt under the guise of “The American People Have Spoken."

While at the G. Morgan’s invention, I passively drifted onto thoughts of finances. My bills. My responsibilities. I thought about how I have not purchased myself an item of clothing in 6 years. I thought about how I look and dress like a broke azz bama baby daddy (I ain’t from Lexington). Oh! Thank God I have not gained a significant amount of weight. If I did I would be walking around like this:
However, unlike the United States government, nothing I have is too big. It fits just right! Metro-sexual style:
*I would wear this shirt!

Continuing...


I am thinking about the word, Revolt. It means a lot to me. I relish in the meaning, and I would like to believe in my former life that I was a man who led revolts.

Revolting is non-existent in modern day North American culture. No one organizes a revolt for a meaningful cause. We will Rise Up for the Atlanta Falcons, but become No Shows at PTA meetings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flBXW78dVEc

What most Americans do is continue as if nothing is harming them financially, mentally, physically, and spiritually (Eddie Long’s church is still packed-out on Sunday). Like most Americans proved not to be alarmed this past Christmas season: December 2010 is in the record book as one of the most profitable for Macy's, Sears, Ann Taylor, Target, Wal-Mart, and other shopping havens. That is a perplexing contradiction for me considering double digit unemployment rates, record number foreclosures, and the escalating credit card debt.

Who is spending this money?


Whomever it is - Is it you? - Please stop spending because our law makers view the high consumer spending as a plus: 'The American people are not doing as bad as I thought.'

I am certain that was the mindset for the Georgia state representatives as they voted to approve a tax hike on food this 01052011.

Another blow to me. And, definitely not a fist bump!


Muata Nowe

No comments: