Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Colors of Hypocrisy: White, Pink, and Yella

All this fuss about the building of a mosque and Islamic community center next to Ground Zero in New York City.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/18/2010-08-18_63_oppose_ground_zero_mosque_27_support_construction_according_to_new_siena_poll.html 

I guess, as a descendent of black slaves, I should be upset by the naming of a few buildings/monuments...

http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/FBI_J_Edgar_Hoover_Building_sign.jpg

Did not this racist use his power to "eliminate" (his word) the Black Panther Party - and didn't he refer to Martin Luther King, Jr. as monkey? A building was erected in his HONOR.

http://whitemaleoppressor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/carolina.jpg 

Isn't there a Confederate Flag on a pole at the top of the State Capitol building in South Carolina? It is there to HONOR The Confederacy...you know that racist body that wanted slaves to remain slaves.

http://tonycoxhome.com/Stonewall-Jackson.jpg

Stonewall Jackson the Confederate General that regularly prefaced God prior to fighting to keep God's people in slavery has a statue of his likeness in Lexington, VA. It was built to HONOR him.

I can continue to list buildings and other national landmarks (parks) that HONOR racist and racist agendas/intentions. And people, mostly white people, are upset over a structure that will be used to HONOR a religious faith? Yeah, 'it is going up next to Ground Zero.' So damn what!

I drive pass that flag in South Carolina. I have seen that statue of Stonewall. I have to see the name Hoover on a sign in the District of Columbia.

I guess I should be all torn-up. I would definitely rather be torn-up than a hypocrite. White America is showing its colors, pink and yella!

Muata Nowe

2 comments:

MUATA NOWE said...

Reader Response:

This saga is not going to end. I have the feeling the government is going to get what they really want: No Islamic Mosque/Community Center. I also believe that President Obama was advised against speaking in support. Then he back tracked after he realized AGAIN that his boy/girls in the congress DO NOT REALLY HAVE HIS BACK.

-TY

MUATA NOWE said...

Reader Response:

This whole Mosque controversy has me so angry these days. I literally have to tune out for periods of time so that i don't lose my mind. It is just a truly ugly time right now.

-F