Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Most Charities Supported by a Rock Star?

Yes. It was Michael.

Never knew that.
I came home to watch the memorial service on CNN. On my way home I scanned the radio for a live feed. I found one on 1380AM. It was not until I heard the first song. The first speaker. That I began to get emotional. Crying.
A buddy of mine asked me the other day, "Why are all these people crying like they KNEW Michael Jackson." Well, I am one of those people, I didn't KNOW MJ. But yet, I am sitting in my fitness center all emotional. Not crying anymore - but so devastated that this world has lost more than a rock star. We have lost a caring man. A giving man. Yes, we have plenty of those. Or, do we...?
Yes, there are those who care. Who give...but not enough. Nevertheless, the way I see it. Feel it. Michael Jackson cared beyond my comprehension. His words and deeds have proven that.
How I wish I could be like Mike. That statement/wish should help me and others re-evaluate and re-define ourselves. In death we MUST learn.
Words from Al Sharpton:
"There was nothing strange about Michael...It was strange what Michael had to deal with..."
Words from Brooke Shields:
"Michael saw everything with his heart."
Written by Muata.

7 comments:

MUATA NOWE said...

Reader Responds:

And he was a big contributor to HBCU’s that I found out this morning.

-DM

MUATA NOWE said...

Muata responds to DM:

I am learning all types of tidbits about this Humanitarian Icon.

-Muata

MUATA NOWE said...

DM responds to Muata:

Me to and to think I didn’t want to hear anymore or see anymore. I have truly been holding back the tears while watching this at work.

-DM

MUATA NOWE said...

Muata responds to DM:

processing death is different for all of us. it hit me late...but i am thankful my spirit lead me down to the fitness center. watching is emotionally draining. he definitely impacted my life via song.

-Muata

MUATA NOWE said...

Reader Response:

I cried too, and always knew that Micheal loved the world, but the world, especially the white media did not love him.

-SP

MUATA NOWE said...

Reader Response:

Just watched the memorial. It was so touching and so moving and appropriate for a musical icon.I really enjoyed watching it! There will be those who complain about the length of time and missed programs, but the time was well spent.

-WJ

MUATA NOWE said...

Reader Response:

Said beautifully!

-EFJ